Environment & Sustainability Policy
Mr Ames (a brand owned by Reginald Ames) is committed to promoting sustainability and meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Reginald Ames’ professional activities and the management of the organisation are informed by good sustainability practice to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities. We would also like to help our clients and partners to do the same by promoting a broader sustainability agenda.
Whilst our focus is primarily on ensuring that our products are safe and of high quality, we consistently work alongside those seeking to promote sustainability, many of whom are based in some the poorest parts of the world.
Our Environment & Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Environment & Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
- Promote responsibility for the environment within the organisation and to communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce.
- Encourage our customers to use compostable packaging materials for all of the products that we pack on their behalf and to offer such packaging options to them during the development of any new product.
- Reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
- Minimise waste by arranging for the reuse or recycling of office waste; separating paper and general waste from all parts of the business, double-side printing on paper when possible, recycling ink cartridges and identifying additional opportunities to reduce waste.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient models and observing good housekeeping in order to keep equipment working as efficiently as possible.
- Identify and provide appropriate advice and information for staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives.
- To encourage staff to use shared transport to and from work where this is practicable in order to minimise emissions and the number of vehicles on the roads.
- Where possible we shall avoid physically travelling to meetings etc. where alternatives such as teleconferencing & video conferencing are available and practical.
- When travel to meetings is needed; encourage staff to walk or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc. Meetings will be held with efficient timing and organised with several individuals at once in order to minimise repeat trips.
- Ensure that our policies and services are developed in a way that is complimentary to this policy